Here are a few things I learned this past year while creating art and becoming a more spiritual person:
- Celebrate every achievement, no matter how small. Let’s face it, we are human and think that the big things are only worth celebrating, not true! You finished a small piece of art work or created something and finished it, then that is something to be proud of.
- Be kind and forgiving toward yourself. This is very important in the creative process. It’s not easy putting yourself out there in the world, it makes you vulnerable and fearful of criticism. So the best thing any creative person can do is not beat themselves up.
- Know that everything in life has divine timing. If you put your best self out there and it hasn’t worked out yet, be patient. Things work themselves out when you let go and trust the universe.
- Meditate, meditate, meditate. I can’t tell you how many times I had an issue with something or felt completely overwhelmed about a matter and when I sat down and cleared my mind, the answers appeared. It can also reduce stress, anxiety and it’s just plain good for your mind, body and soul.
- Create! Whether you like to cook, make music, write, knit or paint…just do it! Don’t worry about the outcome. The process is the key and the joy it brings is the best part.
- Write a wish list. Get out your pen and paper and just list all the things you want this year, you will be surprised what turns up. I have done it many times and it really does work.
- Don’t focus on the past or future. Be in the now. It’s where you are now that counts, enjoy the moments, they are fleeting. Living in the past and what could have been gets you nowhere fast, I have been there and it sucks! It’s something I struggle with everyday but I do my very best to be in the moment. Here’s to a successful year creating and being the best you can be! Share what you learned this year with me! Love hearing your insights.